Sunday, February 26, 2012

Gotta Love the Married Life!

So Alex and I have now had our first valentines together and it was fun :) I had never before had a boyfriend on Valentines Day so I was a little more than excited for this one. He bought me my favorite meal (Chik-Fil-A spicy deluxe chicken burger) and some sparkling apple juice with candles haha some candies and other goodies... and I surprised him with a white and milk chocolate fondue and a scavenger hunt for coupons! We then sported our Aggie pride and went to the basketball game and later enjoyed a movie night together in our apartment :)



But besides a great valentines, we have been integrated into a game night group with friends from our young student married ward! It has been really fun to have people to hangout with who are in the same stage of life and don't have kids yet so they are available to go out and play haha Last week we hiked up to a cave in Green Canyon and had a winter campfire. We roasted starbursts which is something that I have never heard of and was a delightful surprise! They are so good! But we loved being in the cave as Alex and I have never been up there, we're still rookies when it comes to Logan's outdoor wonders.

Utah is great as there is so much to do! A couple weekends ago we had the privilege to go to The Utah Jazz game!! That was pretty fun and we both enjoyed that. Vivint paid for us to go and for Alex's recruits as well, so he was a bit stressed about keeping them entertained and kinda left me to do my own thing but I was at a Jazz game and enjoyed it none the less :)

We have also been going up to Lava hot springs a lot, I love them as they are the closest thing to a hot tub. I miss the one back home... I have been dying to get into one since we went snowboarding last weekend at Sundance. Alex's mission president invited everyone out to go skiing and paid for us all plus a private lunch... It was gorgeous outside and was amazing to be up on the top of a mountain and be able to overlook the others. It really makes you appreciate where you live, I love seeing the mountains everyday :)
But the day had its challenges as it was only my third time snowboarding! It was really fun though, I learned how to carve the last time I went so at least I can do that. But I cant just go straight down the hill which is a problem. I am really slow and don't do well with crowded hills haha But Alex was very impressed so that made me feel good. He would always go down a ways and then wait and tell me how well I was doing haha I knew he was probably just saying that to make me feel good but even so, I didn't discourage him from saying it ;) Then to say thanks for being so patient with me, I ended my day earlier than him so he could do a couple runs at his own speed which I'm sure he appreciated haha.

But other than that, school has still been keeping us crazy busy. Alex has started going to lectures from big time business men and women and so I started going with him to occupy my time as well and they have turned out to be really interesting. And then after the lectures we go to the gym together. Alex says that he will teach me how to play soccer and we will just kick the ball around, but what he really means is that we can go and play in a GAME with all his soccer friends!! what a trickster! But there is no way! I don't know the rules and I haven't developed a good touch yet. So if he wants the ball shooting around all over the place then ya sure, I'm the girl for that. So I just end up playing basketball while he goes and plays his game haha

But anyways, life continues to become more and more busy, but it has been way fun, and married life just keeps getting better. But I still don't really feel like I'm married, I feel exactly the same as when we were dating but just better haha But I figure thats probably a good way to feel :)

No comments:

Post a Comment