Monday, September 24, 2012

Bitter Sweet

I am having very mixed feelings as I start to write this blog... Alex and I have 11 more days of bliss here in Canada before we head back to Logan. I am excited to be going home to our normal routine where Alex doesnt have to work all the time and we can finally enjoy being together! But on the other hand, I am leaving my family again... at least its not a long time until we see eachother again since there are only a few more months until christmas! But I am very excited to get back to our american family ;) Alex is definitely home sick. He doesnt really say it out loud, I know he is when he starts calling his family EVERY day haha


So we are currently living at my parents house which has turned out to be alot more beneficial than we could have thought. They have been a great support, especially my mom who is constantly looking for gluten free diets and what not. Alot of good has happened lately which is amazing! Our luck has finally started turning around. Alex hit his goal this summer with 105 sales :) I was so proud of him, he toughed it out till the very last day of the season and worked so hard. Love being married to someone who knows the value of hard work and commitment. As soon as we were done summer sales, we house sat and dog sat for Crystal and Tanner when they were in Arizona. It definitely rid me of my puppy fever and no longer want one right now haha Alex is pretty happy about that.

So Since we have been back in Edmonton I have worked with a great doctor who has tried really hard to pull strings to have the operations done that I needed. Turns out I am gluten and lactose intolerant. So its not a big deal which is great! Just have to watch my diet, which has turned out to be harder that I would have thought haha but all is good! The last MIRACLE is that I have a great mother in law who stormed into the immigration office and developed a GREAT contact at the immigration office who has been an angel in this whole process. We have been calling back and forth about my advanced parole document, and she pulled some strings to have my document expedited so that I could come back home with Alex at the end of the month. With the help from Shaylee and of course Cindy, I got the document today!! Such a big relief. I felt so silly when Officer Howe called me to tell me that Cindy should be recieving the document because I bawled like a baby! I was so excited and way too relieved haha such a huge worry off my shoulders.

  Now I just get to relax and enjoy the time I have left with my family. So far Alex and I have been to two receptions together, we have gone to Elk Island Park with my parents and went canoeing and had a fire, were able to be at the little Pizzey family reunion, we have gone on bike rides, done gymnastics (so sore) haha, gone fishing, hungout with fun couples, have watched a few of Nicks football games, babysat Ella, and lots of Sunday dinners. We are trying to enjoy the time we have here which makes sales alot harder to focus on, but its been good. Main reason Alex stayed was because I wasnt allowed back into the states haha so silly. But some extra money in our savings account always helps!

4 comments:

  1. Yay I am happy you figured out what was making you sick. I got a gluten free cook book for my wedding I will let you know if any is good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off, Yippee you blogged! I'm missing everyone so much that this helps me to connect even if you guys are in Canada! Second of all Oh My Gosh! I'm so sad that you have been miserable. Happy to hear you have figured out what was making you ill. I hope that husband of your is spoiling you rotten! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I know someone with the same gluten and lactose problem... I have found some pretty good brownie mixes and chocolate chip mixes at walmart right next to the normal cake treats...just for future reference :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. kensey! i just found your blog and looove it.

    ReplyDelete