Monday, March 18, 2013

The Past 5ish Months!

I am horrible at keeping up with this blog, and I apologize.
A lot has happened in the last couple months, I don't even know where to start...
I'll start with the biggest news... I am PREGNANT! This shouldnt be a huge surprise to anyone by now, but still very exciting! I am now 29 weeks along and have started to really enjoy it :) The first 17 weeks were pretty bad, and I ended up in the hospital once with severe dehydration. The baby was definitely taking me for all I was worth. But I would rather it do that than face complications. So the baby is growing right on schedule and should not come any earlier than the 20th of May. The past few months have been especially exciting as now I can feel the baby moving on a regular basis.It definitely become real for Alex being able to see and feel the evidence that a little human is growing inside of me! And for those who noticed, I do not refer to the baby as he or she because we are not finding out the sex... for those of you who know me, that would seem way out of character for me, and it is. But Alex doesn't want to know. If I were to find out on my own, I would end up spilling the beans and I would hate to ruin it for him. I am getting used to not knowing and am liking the idea of it being a surprise, crazy!
The next biggest news is that we bought a house! We are now homeowners and are loving it! We bought a bungalow with a walkout basement in Logan, Utah just a couple blocks away from the university. It has hard wood flooring throughout the main level, updated white kitchen cabinets, wood burning fireplaces on both levels, and sits on a quarter acre with apple, apricot, plum and cherry trees. We are hoping to turn this house into an investment property and build a kitchen into the basement to rent out. The basement has a perfect layout with a separate entry and a big empty room which used to be his shop where the kitchen would fit nicely. It has been so fun to move out of our 300sq ft. apartment into our 3800sq ft. home haha We can finally have our friends over! This past weekend Alex's best friend Brayden Tye got married to Kristen Brunson and they are now living in our basement :) His family owns a plumbing company and will be helping us to get that addition all set up and ready to go for us to install a kitchen at the end of the summer! We are glad to be able to have someone living in our place for the summer and having a company we can trust working on the kitchen downstairs is  a huge plus.
And as most of you know, we got a puppy! His name is Hugo and he is a Maltese-Poodle. He will be 4 months on the 21st and is about 5 pounds. He has been perfect for us! He is on a good schedule to where he goes to bed around 10:30-11 and wakes up at 7am to go to the bathroom, then just hangs out and sometimes sleeps along with us till we wake up for real haha He loves to cuddle and we have trained him to sit on command, to walk into his kennel on command (he loves his kennel), and is potty trained for the most part :) if he has an accident, its right at the back door haha
Another blessing has been that Alex's office has joined with the Edmonton South office and so instead of moving out to Victoria for the summer, we will be living in Edmonton!!!  Now Alex will be able to be there for the birth of our kid for sure! I will have the constant support of my family and friends back home, and we get to be part of one of the strongest offices in Vivint. That means we will be more competitive and everyone who knows Alex knows that he lives for competition! We are both confident that this will be one of his best summers yet and of course I will be way happy and everyone knows that a happy wife = a happy life :)
Alex and I have been able to take a couple trips together, one in Vegas for our one year anniversary, Alex won a cruise to Jamaica with some guys in his sales office, and then we just recently returned from Surprise AZ where Alex and a couple recruits were able to work and us wives could just enjoy the nice weather and relax! Alex went with the crew last sunday and I flew in and met them there wednesday because I had the opportunity to take Paige to the MTC!! We were able to attend a session at the Salt Lake temple, go shopping, and just talk about where we are now and how crazy it is!! Paige going on a mission and me having a baby... Who would have thought?! I am so glad I had that time with her, she is honestly going to be such a great missionary and I could not be more proud of her and what she is doing! The East coast is blessed to have her serving their area.
Well I think that is all haha Its hard to cover so much time... My procrastination definitely got the best of me this time, sorry!




2 comments: