Monday, May 20, 2013

You Never Realize How Much You Miss Something or Somehwere Until You Come Back.


 
Alex and I have been so blessed lately and things are going along so well! We are both so excited that the semester is over, especially Alex haha so we packed up the car right after Alex's last final on the Tuesday and headed to Salt Lake for our immigration interview and then left from there Thursday morning to Edmonton :)

So our initial interview was awesome! We brought all our proof, but for some reason my fingerprints and what not were not on my file... The agent said that they were probably not linked properly and that we could go and he would just find them and approve our case. Well five minutes after leaving the building the agent called me and told me that they were missing and that he was able to get me back into the office to have them done right then! This is honestly amazing because normal protocol would be to just send me a letter requesting that I come in with a specific appointment date made later in the month. The problem with that is that I would have already been in Canada without a travel document to come back into the states with haha I was so grateful for his efforts in calling us back immediately and getting me an appointment right then! Such a great guy. So because of his efforts, my mother in law received my green card the other day!!! Such a huge stress off of our shoulders for now :)

So we are now mostly settled into our apartment, we only drove the Subaru up so we weren’t able to take much. Our apartment is quite spacious and so it feels super empty but it made moving in quite a bit easier and faster. We have two rooms, but only one bed so the other room is for all of our babies things, which isn’t much as of right now haha And we are on the third floor which makes things annoying because we have to take Hugo down stairs to pee every few hours. It’s not bad right now because I am trying to walk and what not as much as possible so this baby will come early but once we have the baby it will be super inconvenient. But that’s life. Alex and I were thinking of getting a shallow planting box with grass in it and putting it out on the balcony for Hugo to pee in...? We'll see.

But Alex has been enjoying the opportunity to be back selling and is doing well :) He had his first 3 day yesterday so he is getting back into the swing of things and it’s great!! It has been weird, definitely an adjustment, not having him around as much... It always takes some getting used to, but I’m sure he enjoys coming home to a very excited wife every night haha And I have been picking up a couple of my little sisters shifts at my older sisters Boutique in Sherwood Park so that helps pass the time. And of course having my family around has been great :) Had a family dinner on Sunday which was way nice. One of my cousins just had the cutest baby girl and my other cousin and aunt are expecting in July! Lots of babies!

As for our baby, everything is going well. I feel great and uncomfortable all at the same time haha I’ve started having more regular and intense contractions which are good signs. I will be 39 weeks along as of Monday so any day now the baby can come and we would be more than happy. Sooner than later would be great because I am definitely ready to move from being pregnant to full on mom! Crazy thought but I really don’t think Alex and I could be any more prepared... Not that we know what to expect at all, but from others experiences, I think we are as ready as we will ever be. Crystal and Tanner have been more than generous in letting us borrow their car seat, swing, bath tub and clothes!! It all became even more real driving around with a car seat installed and having my hospital bag at my side all the time haha I am a bit paranoid I’m sure, but I would rather be over prepared than not at all...

Oh and I’m 21 finally haha Thanks to Michelle Forsyth I woke up to my door all decorated with hearts! Then Alex took me to meet my parents, Ems, Crystal and Ella for Dim Sum downtown, my favorite! And then I went back to my parents while Alex went off to work and I just enjoyed the nice weather and then headed back to the apartments for a really fun dinner with the other Vivint wives. They are all so sweet, I can’t get over it! Then to end the night I met Alex after work and we went to the movie the Great Gatsby with my parents :) It was a great day and I am glad I made it to 21 before I had my baby haha Thank you to everyone who made my day so special!

And that’s our experience so far and we are loving it! It has been so nice to be here in Edmonton for the summer. You never realize how much you miss something or somewhere until you come back. That’s how I feel anyways. And sorry there aren't any pictures, I have been writing this post off of a computer without our pictures on it, so I might come back and edit with pictures, but for now, all our pictures are on facebook anyways!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for bloggging! I'm so glad you guys are all situated and ready for baby to arrive. You look adorable by the way. Good luck and hopefully you will have a baby over Memorial Weekend, then they will feel extra special that they get out of school!

    ReplyDelete